[SLE] Postfix errors.
Erik Jakobsen
2003-08-22 14:33:12 UTC
Hi.

Having done postfix files modifications by hand, I get this error if
running SuSEconfig:

Executing /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.postfix...
*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***

How can I modify these files using Yast ?.
--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
Erik Jakobsen - ***@urbakken.dk.
Togan Muftuoglu
2003-08-22 14:47:55 UTC
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Hi.
Having done postfix files modifications by hand, I get this error if
Executing /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.postfix...
*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***
How can I modify these files using Yast ?.
Even if you modified them SuSEconfig will bark on /etc/postfix/main.cf
since when SuSEconfig is executed it creates a md5 file located at
/var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix/ so it can check if you have used
SuSEconfig to create the file using /etc/sysconfig/postfix variables or
simply by editing the /etc/postfix/main.cf. In the later case it will
not change the /etc/postfix/main.cf and will bark since if you modified
it directly then you knew what you were doing. So you need to delete the
files in /var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix/ and then start again

YaST can help you to do the basic things for editing the
/etc/sysconfig/postfix. On the other hand you can add directives to this
file which can be used by SuSEconfig to achieve the same result for a
better main.cf while maintaining the md5 file consistency.

for example the below is what I have in /etc/sysconfig/postfix as an
addition

POSTFIX_ADD_MYNETWORKS=192.168.1.0/29
POSTFIX_ADD_MAIL_NAME="Postfix+Gardiyan-Patch "
POSTFIX_ADD_SMTPD_BANNER="gardiyan ESMTP Postfix"
POSTFIX_ADD_MYDESTINATION=""
POSTFIX_ADD_CONTENT_FILTER="smtp:localhost:10025"

POSTFIX_ADD is the prefix to be added then the rest comes from the part
you want to modify from the main.cf
--
Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer
Erik Jakobsen
2003-08-22 15:15:13 UTC
Hi Togan. Very usefull what you have sent my. Thanks !.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
it directly then you knew what you were doing. So you need to delete the
files in /var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix/ and then start again
Would be nice if all could be done by Yast.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
better main.cf while maintaining the md5 file consistency.
Ho do I that consistency ?.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
for example the below is what I have in /etc/sysconfig/postfix as an
addition
POSTFIX_ADD_CONTENT_FILTER="smtp:localhost:10025"
POSTFIX_ADD is the prefix to be added then the rest comes from the part
you want to modify from the main.cf
I understand it all. "modify from the main.cf" By hand ?.
Togan Muftuoglu
2003-08-22 15:37:30 UTC
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
better main.cf while maintaining the md5 file consistency.
Ho do I that consistency ?.
by not editing the main.cf directly using the system as it is designed
for
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
POSTFIX_ADD_CONTENT_FILTER="smtp:localhost:10025"
POSTFIX_ADD is the prefix to be added then the rest comes from the part
you want to modify from the main.cf
I understand it all. "modify from the main.cf" By hand ?.
No you add the things you want changed to /etc/sysconfig/postfix and
then when you execute SuSeconfig --module postfix those will be added to
the main.cf and SuSEconfig will be happy since md5 database is
consistent

from /etc/sysconfig/postfix (even a GUI is nice it has limitations so
reading the file could be an alternative)

#
# POSTFIX_ADD_*
# You may add any existing postfix parameter here. Just execute the
# postconf command to get a complete list. You then have to uppercase
# the parameter and prepend POSTFIX_ADD_.
# Example:
# Let's say you want to add the postfix parameter mailbox_size_limit.
# Then just add
# POSTFIX_ADD_MAILBOX_SIZE_LIMIT=0
# POSTFIX_ADD_MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT=30000000
Erik Jakobsen
2003-08-22 16:27:56 UTC
Hi Togan.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Would be nice if all could be done by Yast.
Now I have done it.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
better main.cf while maintaining the md5 file consistency.
Ho do I that consistency ?.
by not editing the main.cf directly using the system as it is designed
for
Ok. But then its difficult to do the setup necessary for say MailScanner.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
POSTFIX_ADD_CONTENT_FILTER="smtp:localhost:10025"
POSTFIX_ADD is the prefix to be added then the rest comes from the part
you want to modify from the main.cf
I understand it all. "modify from the main.cf" By hand ?.
No you add the things you want changed to /etc/sysconfig/postfix and
then when you execute SuSeconfig --module postfix those will be added to
the main.cf and SuSEconfig will be happy since md5 database is
consistent
Ok.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
#
# POSTFIX_ADD_*
# You may add any existing postfix parameter here. Just execute the
# postconf command to get a complete list. You then have to uppercase
# the parameter and prepend POSTFIX_ADD_.
# Let's say you want to add the postfix parameter mailbox_size_limit.
# Then just add
# POSTFIX_ADD_MAILBOX_SIZE_LIMIT=0
# POSTFIX_ADD_MESSAGE_SIZE_LIMIT=30000000
Fine again, and thanks.
Erik Jakobsen
2003-08-22 15:28:39 UTC
Hi.

I did delete the files in /var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix:

192:/var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix # ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 48 Aug 22 17:23 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 232 Aug 22 17:20 ..
192:/var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix #

And ran a SuSEconfig:

Executing /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.postfix...
*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***

After the directory has this md5 file:

192:/var/adm/SuSEconfig/md5/etc/postfix # ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Aug 22 17:26 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 232 Aug 22 17:26 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 36 Aug 22 17:26 master.cf

Why does the SuSEconfig still show that error, when I have deleted the
md5 files ?.
Togan Muftuoglu
2003-08-22 21:40:57 UTC
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Executing /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.postfix...
*** WARNING ***
Found /etc/postfix/main.cf.SuSEconfig, exiting...
*** WARNING ***
Why does the SuSEconfig still show that error, when I have deleted the
md5 files ?.
Ok, looks like I have forgotten to tell you to either delete or better
move to a backup location the file /etc/postfix/main.cf and rename
main.cf.SuSEconfig as main.cf

SuSEconfig should be able to work with no problem.
Erik Jakobsen
2003-08-23 06:03:51 UTC
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
Post by Erik Jakobsen
Why does the SuSEconfig still show that error, when I have deleted the
md5 files ?.
Ok, looks like I have forgotten to tell you to either delete or better
move to a backup location the file /etc/postfix/main.cf and rename
main.cf.SuSEconfig as main.cf
I have done that, but was still the same.
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
SuSEconfig should be able to work with no problem.
I think SuSEconfig does its job. Also to tell, that something is wrong.
David Krider
2003-08-23 02:25:45 UTC
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
POSTFIX_ADD_MYNETWORKS=192.168.1.0/29
POSTFIX_ADD_MAIL_NAME="Postfix+Gardiyan-Patch "
POSTFIX_ADD_SMTPD_BANNER="gardiyan ESMTP Postfix"
POSTFIX_ADD_MYDESTINATION=""
POSTFIX_ADD_CONTENT_FILTER="smtp:localhost:10025"
I'm taking a tangent here, to be sure, but what's a "gardiyan?"

Thanks,
dk
Togan Muftuoglu
2003-08-23 04:06:09 UTC
Post by David Krider
Post by Togan Muftuoglu
POSTFIX_ADD_MYNETWORKS=192.168.1.0/29
POSTFIX_ADD_MAIL_NAME="Postfix+Gardiyan-Patch "
POSTFIX_ADD_SMTPD_BANNER="gardiyan ESMTP Postfix"
POSTFIX_ADD_MYDESTINATION=""
POSTFIX_ADD_CONTENT_FILTER="smtp:localhost:10025"
I'm taking a tangent here, to be sure, but what's a "gardiyan?"
"Guardian" in Turkish and hostname of my firewall :-)