[SLE] garbage character for YaST text via ssh on SuSE 9.0
Dany Vanderroost
2004-01-07 10:15:03 UTC
Hi everybody,

How can I stop this error "unicode_stop skipped on /dev/pts/x" when I launch yast via ssh. I've tried with "ssh -t" but it's the same garbage B-( . As this PC is without screen,... , I must admin it via ssh but I don't know noithing about unicode.

Thank's a lot and happy new year

Dany
--
/-----------------------------------------------------------------\
| -°) Plus long que les nuits sont les journées quand (°- |
Steven Jan Springl
2004-01-08 20:09:16 UTC
Danny;
On the machine that you are running yast, you need to change two
files as follows:
in both /bin/unicode_start and /bin/unicode_stop you need to change the
the folowing line /dev/console|/dev/tty[0-9]*)
to /dev/console|/dev/pts/[0-9]|/dev/tty[0-9]*)

Regards
Steven.
Dany Vanderroost
2004-01-09 11:32:14 UTC
Post by Steven Jan Springl
Danny;
On the machine that you are running yast, you need to change two
in both /bin/unicode_start and /bin/unicode_stop you need to change the
the folowing line /dev/console|/dev/tty[0-9]*)
to /dev/console|/dev/pts/[0-9]|/dev/tty[0-9]*)
Thanks a lot.

Dany
--
| -°) Quand on dit d'un homme qu'il est expert en la (°- |