Screen capture and virtualization
Roger Luedecke
2014-10-14 22:42:27 UTC
I'm working on a small series of tour/tutorial videos and am looking for
a good means to do high quality screen capture of a VM. I'd be doing it
under openSUSE unless there is a compelling reason to do it in Windows.
John Andersen
2014-10-14 23:14:25 UTC
Post by Roger Luedecke
I'm working on a small series of tour/tutorial videos and am looking for
a good means to do high quality screen capture of a VM. I'd be doing it
under openSUSE unless there is a compelling reason to do it in Windows.
I installed simplescreenrecorder from packman and it seems to do a pretty good job.
Patrick Shanahan
2014-10-14 23:17:12 UTC
Post by Roger Luedecke
I'm working on a small series of tour/tutorial videos and am looking for
a good means to do high quality screen capture of a VM. I'd be doing it
under openSUSE unless there is a compelling reason to do it in Windows.
ksnapshot works fine and you can initialize it from a full-screen vm using
the <ctrl><ctrl>... key sequence.

high-quality is not really possible in any "screen" capture as you cannot
get better than the screen display, ie: will look *good* as long as it is
displayed no larger than the screen where it is shot.

vw and gimp both can do screen captures. I'm sure gnome also has
capability but I cannot tell you where.
Patrick Shanahan
2014-10-14 23:19:30 UTC
Post by Patrick Shanahan
Post by Roger Luedecke
I'm working on a small series of tour/tutorial videos and am looking for
a good means to do high quality screen capture of a VM. I'd be doing it
under openSUSE unless there is a compelling reason to do it in Windows.
ksnapshot works fine and you can initialize it from a full-screen vm using
the <ctrl><ctrl>... key sequence.
high-quality is not really possible in any "screen" capture as you cannot
get better than the screen display, ie: will look *good* as long as it is
displayed no larger than the screen where it is shot.
vw and gimp both can do screen captures. I'm sure gnome also has
capability but I cannot tell you where.
ps: a screen-capture in windows is no better, still a screen capture.
Ico Petrov
2014-10-14 23:24:26 UTC
Carlos E. R.
2014-10-14 23:29:13 UTC
Post by Patrick Shanahan
vw and gimp both can do screen captures. I'm sure gnome also has
capability but I cannot tell you where.
Just hit the print screen key :-)
--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)
Bernhard Voelker
2014-10-15 01:00:25 UTC
Post by Roger Luedecke
I'm working on a small series of tour/tutorial videos and am looking for
a good means to do high quality screen capture of a VM. I'd be doing it
under openSUSE unless there is a compelling reason to do it in Windows.
Which virtualization software are you using?
I mean, some of them already support screenshots and video capturing. ;-)

Have a nice day,
Berny