YaST: what's the difference between export and clone configuration?
Per Jessen
2014-10-14 08:00:55 UTC
In the summary screen, we have two options

clone configuration
export configuration

what's the difference? One seems to happen immediately, the other when
the instalation is finishing.
--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)
jdd
2014-10-14 09:18:14 UTC
Post by Per Jessen
In the summary screen, we have two options
clone configuration
export configuration
what's the difference? One seems to happen immediately, the other when
the instalation is finishing.
I don't know, but would suspect "clone" to be an exact copy to duplicate
on same config compûters, and export just a software list to have
similar install on other different computer.

but may be it's the other way round?

jdd
Per Jessen
2014-10-14 09:37:35 UTC
Post by jdd
Post by Per Jessen
In the summary screen, we have two options
clone configuration
export configuration
what's the difference? One seems to happen immediately, the other
when the instalation is finishing.
I don't know, but would suspect "clone" to be an exact copy to
duplicate on same config compûters, and export just a software list to
have similar install on other different computer.
but may be it's the other way round?
clone produces /root/autoinst.xml, export gives one the option of where
to store it, default is control.xml. Both are autoyast control files.
--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)
jdd
2014-10-14 09:43:58 UTC
Post by Per Jessen
clone produces /root/autoinst.xml, export gives one the option of where
to store it, default is control.xml. Both are autoyast control files.
and what diff?

thanks
jdd
Per Jessen
2014-10-14 10:03:57 UTC
Post by jdd
Post by Per Jessen
clone produces /root/autoinst.xml, export gives one the option of where
to store it, default is control.xml. Both are autoyast control files.
and what diff?
No difference as far as I can see. That's why I am asking $SUBJ.
--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)
jdd
2014-10-14 10:51:27 UTC
Post by Per Jessen
Post by jdd
Post by Per Jessen
clone produces /root/autoinst.xml, export gives one the option of where
to store it, default is control.xml. Both are autoyast control files.
and what diff?
No difference as far as I can see. That's why I am asking $SUBJ.
if so, you are right :-)

jdd